In Memory of Msgr. William Watson, our Second Pastor
The family has very kindly agreed to provide for a visitation at St. Thomas on Saturday, May 1, beginning at 4 PM. Visitation will be interrupted for the 5 PM Saturday Vigil Mass, and resume immediately afterwards. Visitation will continue until 9 PM when vigil prayers will be offered. Please be aware that those who are in line at 5 PM will have to wait until after the Vigil mass to pay their respects.
Msgr. William Watson served as the second Pastor of St. Thomas the Apostle Parish from 1981 to 2015. He retired to Odell, Illinois and passed on April 27, 2021 in Pontiac, Illinois. The family has made arrangements for his burial from his home parish in Odell on Monday, May 3.
The Watson family has generously listed St. Thomas School Scholarship Fund as the recipient of memorial donations.
Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord.
And may perpetual light shine upon him.
May he rest in peace.
You can watch Mass from St. Thomas on our YouTube Channel and even join our RCIA class by watching the videos online:
Download My Parish App by visiting www.myparishapp.com/download.
Receive the bulletin and announcements in weekly emails from the parish. If you would like to sign up for these emails, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beyond the parish website, how else can I contribute electronically?
- We have an easy and convenient way to contribute electronically with a simple text messaging feature that you can use.
- Follow these steps:
- Set up a new contact in your phone as "St Thomas Giving" with the phone number of (309) 455-5425
- Go to your text feature and text the word "Give" to the contact "St Thomas Giving"
- A bubble will pop up that says: "You're almost done! Finish your gift to St Thomas the Apostle Parish with this link: https://giving.parishsoft.com/app/giving/stt904279?t=EdlbRy"
- Click on that link and a St Thomas page pops up with our logo that allows you to:
- Select a fund such as Sunday Collection, Sponsor A Student, etc
- Enter the amount you want to give
- Select how you would like to give and enter the information necessary and hit Submit.
- In order to have your banking information or credit card information saved so that you do not have to enter it in the future, you can download an App on your phone. The App is called ConnectNow Giving. Once your information is saved in the App, it will default to that payment method if you want to use the texting feature.