The clergy and staff of St. Thomas Parish offer a promise of prayers and our deepest sympathy on the death of your loved one.
The following information will help you plan the funeral liturgy.
- list of Scripture readings;
- list of songs that can be sung by the parish funeral choir;
- sample General Intercessions; and
- a funeral planning worksheet to be returned to the parish.
You are welcome to invite family members or friends to assist with the funeral. You are welcome to select one or more persons to read the Old and New Testament readings and the General Intercessions. Two or three family members may also help by bringing up the gifts of water, wine, and bread at the Offertory time.
- only one person may speak at the eulogy;
- the eulogy is limited to a few minutes;
- the text must be written in advance, and should not exceed one typewritten page;
- the text must be submitted to the pastor 24 hours in advance of the funeral;
- the pastor will contact the eulogist to review this policy.
Sincerely in Christ,
Msgr. Jason Gray, Pastor
Ann Horst, Funeral Choir
Kathy Kline, Funeral Luncheons
St. Thomas the Apostle Church
904 E Lake Ave
Peoria Heights, IL 61616